Although the statistics are not too conclusive, there is reason to believe that tooth decay can actually kill us, if we let it progress too far. Cases when it happens are certainly not singular, and you’ll hear many stories about people who have died in the emergency room as a result of a tooth abscess, or whose tooth decay led them to a debilitating infection that has led to their death.
In most cases, of course, tooth decay doesn’t cause death, and there are people who live into their 80s and 90s without taking too much care of their teeth. This usually happens in areas outside the reach of civilization, where modern dentistry practices have not yet reached people.
Nevertheless, it can be argued that even people who don’t take dental health too seriously use certain natural remedies to get rid of tooth ache and infections. A dentist Centennial is home to can help get your smile back to being healthy.
In either case, you can expect that your teeth will get worse when you ignore taking care of them. The sugar and food particles that feed the bacteria on your teeth can cause them to multiply exponentially, while elements like caffeine and tobacco also play a role in harming the balance of your oral health. As a result, it’s not uncommon that the lack of good dental care can lead to severe diseases, inflammation and infections that can be difficult to treat in the long run.
via Blogger Why Is It So Important to Take Good Care of Your Dental Health?
Gums can be affected by a lot of different problems. Gum disease, bacteria carrying disease and toxins and, of course, receding gums are just a few of the concerns that you will have to ask your doctor about whenever you notice your gums losing their normal level of integrity.
Fortunately, conditions like receding gums can be treated without much difficulty, as long as they are discovered in time. So let’s see what causes receding gum lines and what you should keep track of when tracking down the main culprit:
· The sad truth about receding gums is that genetics is one of the main causing factors. More than 30% of all people are already prone to getting it because of their genes, and that’s one thing that not even the best Centennial Dental practices can prevent.
· If you’re a smoker, you can add yet another good reason why you might want to stop smoking: tobacco products actually cause receding gums on their own.
· The primary cause of receding gums is gum disease. However, in most cases, the disease is already in its advanced stages when the gum line begins to recede.
· Finally, grinding your teeth and brushing them with a coarse toothbrush will easily lead to your gum line beginning to recede.
via Blogger Keeping Your Gums Safe: What Really Causes Receding Gum Lines?
Cosmetic dentistry is the science of making teeth look brighter and more beautiful than ever. Whether you need to replace missing teeth, whiten your existing teeth, or change the shape of your smile, cosmetic dentistry can do all that and much more. Here are a few points to remember about the procedures involved in cosmetic dentistry and the practice itself as a whole:
· First of all, it has to be asked: is cosmetic dentistry safe? Although it really depends on the dentist performing the procedure and how skilled and experience he/she might be, cosmetic dentistry is among the safest of all practices, since it doesn’t usually tamper with areas of your teeth that require a health boost.
· Cosmetic dentistry isn’t cheap. Even when you just want a basic teeth whitening procedure, the best dentists in the industry will charge you more than $500 for it.
· There are different types of specialties that each cosmetic dentist has. Some are better versed in performing teeth whitening procedures, while others are used to redesigning a person’s entire jawline using crowns, veneers, implants and various other elements.
· Finally, and perhaps most importantly, cosmetic dentistry is a field of the future. The technology it uses continues to advance, and some of the results that a cosmetic dentist Centennial has have already obtained through it are considered quite remarkable even today.
via Blogger What Should You Expect from the Practice of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Teeth whitening is a procedure that can be achieved in many ways. While there are teeth whitening products you can simply apply on your teeth and get them whitened instantly, the best measures are those that are done by professional cosmetic dentists.
What teeth whitening does is to profit from the unique structure and chemical makeup of our teeth to get them white as snow once more. If you can no longer get that effect after having your teeth cleaned or using teeth whitening toothpaste, then you might want to consider this simple cosmetic dentistry method.
Teeth whitening is safe and efficient, and it doesn’t take too long to perform. The fact of the matter is that our teeth are similar to sponges, so their spores can actually absorb elements and substances that make them lose their natural color. In a similar way, teeth whitening products have the opposite effect.
The great thing about teeth whitening is that it can do no damage to your teeth. Modern methods used by professional dentists are even safer than those used in the past. As a result, you can expect your teeth to get brighter without any harmful side effects.
Finally, an important thing to remember about teeth whitening is that it’s temporary. Even using laser or UV-based teeth whitening, the best dentists can only achieve a temporary result, albeit one that lasts significantly longer than the use of common teeth whitening gel. See a dentist found here http://drsarahmeyer.com/ to help with all your dental needs.
via Blogger What Should You Know About the Practice of Teeth Whitening?